Designing A Better World 2020 Competition
We’re excited to launch the Designing A Better World 2020 Competition, and are inviting clients old and new to propose a project that will deliver positive impact and real change.
One lucky winner will be selected to win £50,000 worth of KD time and skill to drive their idea forward in 2020.
Here at KD we believe passionately that we all have a part to play in designing a better world. This Christmas we have a special gift for our clients old and new, the Designing A Better World 2020 Competition.
We’re offering fifty thousand pounds worth of KD time and skill for a project that we can work on together that will deliver positive impact and real change.
We put the user at the heart of all the products and services we create for our clients, and strive to understand, respect and improve the lives of the people we’re designing for.
Our work helps make products safer, more usable, more appealing and more effective, we integrate technologies to deliver new smart connected systems, we reduce waste and improve production efficiency by creating more sustainable packaging solutions, and work on loads of other exciting, but secret, projects to design a better world.
We’ve got an amazing building full of expertise and state of the art facilities. What can we work on together with fifty thousand pounds worth of KD time and skill, to help bring your idea for a better world to life?
If you’ve got a great idea, that can deliver a positive impact and make a real difference, we invite you to apply.
We want to make things as simple as possible, and as close to “business as usual” working with us as we can. So we’ll use the intellectual property agreements, NDAs and so on that already exist between us. We just ask that we can share a case study.
How do you apply? Fill in the simple application form below (where you’ll also find the terms and conditions) and send it to us before 6pm Friday 31st January 2020.
Together, we can do more. Let’s design a better world.
- Please read the T’s & C’s below, and then,
- complete this application form KD Designing A Better World 2020 Competition application form
- and email it to [email protected] by 6pm (UK time) Friday 31st January 2020.
Terms & conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Kinneir Dufort Design Limited (KD), 5 Host Street, Bristol, BS1 5BU, UK.
- Must be made by companies who are, or have been, clients of KD in the last 10 years.
- They must be made using the application form (see above), following the instructions it contains.
- £50k (fifty thousand GB pounds) worth of KD staff time and skill.
- The prize excludes all materials and bought-ins – these need to be paid for by the client.
- The client is responsible for any costs associated with their own time, and any third party time, necessary to support the project. The requirements for this will be agreed ahead of project commencement.
- KD reserves the right to determine which KD resource is used to fulfill the project, and the timescales within which the project is completed.
- Not transferrable or exchangeable in any way.
- No “refunds” or “transfers” for any “unspent” time.
- Extra funding can, of course, be added to the project by the client.
- The impact criteria defined by the Impact Management Project will be used as a basis for selection by KD.
- KD’s purpose is “Designing A Better World”; our intention is to select a project which can deliver the most impact and real change.
The current estimates, which are subject to change are,
- Closing date for applications: 6pm (UK time) Friday 31st January 2020
- Shortlist created, and discussions by phone: end January
- Decision and public announcement: end February
- We would like to start work in Q1, assuming all inputs are available, and would like to deliver the project within 2020
- If it becomes impossible or too difficult to proceed with the project in KD’s sole judgement, then KD reserve the right to suspend or cancel the activity, and select an alternative project. We don’t want this to happen, but if it does, KD are not liable for any additional costs or consequences.
- The decision of KD’s CEO is final, no explanations are required.
- There is no right to appeal.
Intellectual property, NDAs & publicity
- IP: covered by our standard terms.
- A condition of selection is that the project will be used as a KD case study, which will be made public. An addendum to existing NDAs will be drawn up to address this. We’d also love to work together on a podcast, social media, and other opportunities to talk about how together we can design a better world – let’s discuss this!
- Personal data which is provided by entrants when they enter the competition will be held and used by KD in order to administer the competition. By submitting their personal details, the entrant agrees to KD processing those details in accordance with the purposes made known the entrant at the time of collection and in accordance with KD’s privacy notice which can be viewed on the KD website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit KD’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, KD cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
Changes to T’s & C’s
- KD reserves the right to adjust these terms and conditions at any time. If we do this before the winner is selected, we will notify applicants and they will have the right to withdraw their application. If we do this after selection, we will notify only the winner, who will have the right to withdraw their application.
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 12th December 2019.