About the role
Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a world class User-Centered Innovation and Product Development Consultancy, with a strong track record of creating world class products and experiences for global clients in medical, consumer and industrial sectors.
We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, achieving positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generating value for our clients. We describe ourselves as a group of people focused on being open, smart, curious, pioneering, demonstrating respect and ensuring we have fun along the way.
We are recruiting for a Housekeeper to join us.
As Housekeeper at KD you will be operating at the very heart of the firm and will be a vital part of maintaining our friendly work environment whilst caring for our beautiful office space. You will be responsible for providing efficient and effective cleaning and housekeeping support, ensuring the facilities and appearance of the building and surrounding areas are maintained. As well as managing housekeeping supplies, you’ll also manage meeting room organisation including setting up, provision of refreshments and setting out catering. This a full-time role (38 hours per week) and there is flexibility in terms of working hours.
We are incredibly lucky to work in such a beautiful office space, but as a Grade 2 listed building spread over 5 floors there is a lot of it, including a lot of stairs! We understand that there is a lot of work to do on a daily basis but we are a small company so we can offer you a family-like culture where there are social and other benefits for your hard work.
You will be a friendly, pro-active and experienced housekeeper who is able to manage a varied workload whilst working to excellent standards at all times.
What you'll be doing
- Keeping all areas of 5 Host St. in a clean, tidy and orderly condition daily; Entrance, vestibules, doors and windows, reception, stairs, kitchen/café area, patio area, toilets and shower room.
- Overseeing and clearing any litter on the street surrounding the office and the car park, reporting incidents to the council if necessary.
- Packing away weekly shops and maintaining staff and client fridges.
- To clean the internal face of external windows and other internal glass within the limitations of safe working practice and to organise the cleaning of the external facing windows externally.
- Tidying meeting rooms, design studio, prototyping areas, research rooms.
- Cleaning desks, computer screens and storage units in throughout the office.
- Keeping garage and storage areas clean and tidy.
- Watering weekly all KD greenery/plants and managing upkeep.
- Clearing, washing up and loading of the dishwasher and organising crockery and cutlery into cupboards throughout the day.
- Emptying office bins daily, putting out waste and re-cycling for collection (as required, complies with COSHH regulations). Managing the recycling and ensure standards are withheld.
- Assisting with catering, preparing tea and coffee for meetings and help with clearing away lunches. Help making rooms presentable for meetings and catering for larger company events.
- Maintaining and monitoring stock e.g. consumable items such toiletries/cleaning supplies/ equipment, lightbulbs, tea, coffee, refreshments, snacks and relevant general ‘household’ supplies. Arrange to replenish supplies in accordance with current procedures.
- Upkeep of the building, maintaining standards and treating wear and tear/damage (plumbing/ décor/fixtures/fittings/appliance faults etc.). Personally repairing and where necessary, arranging personnel visiting the site such as contractors.
- Running errands to shops, bank and post-office, ad hoc support to KD meetings / event.
- Additional ad hoc duties as required: Occasional removal of items to storage facility any other duties as reasonably requested by your Line manager/other Senior Manager.
The salary on offer for this role is £20,000 per annum.
At Kinneir Dufort (KD) we combine creative, technical and user experience expertise with agility. This enables our collaborative teams to rapidly define, create, develop and deliver world-changing products and experiences.
We think KD is a special company to work for. Our team are intelligent, hard-working, fun, non-egocentric, and collaborate brilliantly together to produce creative solutions. We work with some of the biggest, best and most interesting international clients that you’ll find anywhere. We’re a multi-disciplinary team, with experts in research, innovation, human factors, digital UX, 2D and 3D product & packaging design, engineering, prototyping, and electronics & software, all uniquely integrated within one great company.
Our team are collectively driven to “design a better world” by creating impactful change and positive outcomes for our clients and the people we are designing for. Designing a better world is something we strive for, both in the work we do, and the way we work. We believe strongly in equality and fairness and try hard to do the right thing; we speak up for and support groups who are working to make a difference. Our official KD partners are the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa and The Big Bang. Many of our team are also involved in, or run, events in their local communities, making a difference to those around them.
Founded in 1977 by Ross Kinneir and Francis Dufort, the KD team are based in an iconic building in the vibrant city of Bristol. The characterful Grade 2 listed stone building was originally built as a sugar refinery around 1850 and was later used to store theatre costumes. It’s now completely refitted, and houses all of our staff plus our workshops, labs, the design studio, an HF usability suite, and client meeting spaces. The local area, “Christmas Steps Arts Quarter”, is full of independent shops and makers. It’s a short walk up to Park Street, or over to the Harbourside and St Nick’s Markets, both of which have regular street food markets.
We offer flexible working policies in terms of both location and working hours. During normal circumstances, staff are typically expected to work a proportion of their week in the office and can work flexibly around specific ‘available hours’ in the working day. Please contact us if you are thinking of applying and would like more information about how our flexible working policy might work for you in this role.
Why work with us?
At KD we have strong values which underpin everything we do. As a business and as individuals we are Curious, Open, Adaptable, Expert, Human & Inclusive.
We expect a lot of our team, but in return we think we offer a lot too.
We understand that we are only as good as our people, and we know how important it is to support our team.
We offer our staff:
• 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service).
• A matched contributory pension scheme.
• Company-wide bonus plus additional bonus opportunities for the business development team
• Private health care for you and your family; free employee eye tests plus an employee assistance scheme.
• Training and development opportunities, and regular lunch and learn sessions.
• Flexible working approaches.
• Regular opportunities to have your say, tell us what you think and influence how we develop as a team and as a business.
• Secure in-building bike storage and shower, discounted First Bus monthly and annual passes. (Bristol has a good Park & Ride bus network.)
• The opportunity to become involved in our work with the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa, The Big Bang.
• A cafe that acts as the focal point for the whole team to get together for morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea. There is always daily fresh fruit and usually cake! There are plenty of opportunities to socialise outside of the office too, including activities like staff-organised runs, cycles, yoga sessions, as well as regular team socials.
If you’d like to apply or discuss the role, we’d love to hear from you (unless you’re a recruitment consultant). We embrace equality and diversity in our business, it’s really important to us. Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the reference KDH-Sep21.
If you think you might be the right person for us but want an informal chat first then get in touch. The closing date for this vacancy is 27 September 2021.
At KD we consciously embrace diversity and proactively encourage this with our recruitment process. We welcome applications to this position from anyone meeting the skills criteria, from any background.