HR Administrator/ In House Recruiter
About the role
At Kinneir Dufort (KD) our mission is simple – to Design a Better World. We work with a wide range of clients in a variety of sectors, including medical, consumer and industrial. We have a highly skilled and collaborative team that enables us to combine creativity, technical innovation and user experience to deliver world-changing products and services to our clients.
We are looking for a self-starting, organised and pragmatic Recruitment Co-ordinator/Senior HR Administrator to join the team on a flexible part-time basis (24-28 hours per week with agreed hours and days to suit).
The role is to provide support and assistance to our Head of Team Development in the key areas of Recruitment, Staff Personal Development & Training and Retention, Recognition and Staff HR Administration. Don’t worry, you won’t be on your own; we have HR consultants to reach out to for advice and support when needed.
We offer a premier service to our clients and take great pride and care in the designs we create and the process of discovering them. We are one of the few agencies in the world that can effectively cover every aspect of researching, designing, engineering, testing and delivering commercial products and digital experiences. As such, there is a huge variety in the approach and scope to the projects that we work on. We are looking for an innovative and entrepreneurial designer who will rise to the challenge of translating user needs into elegant, intuitive and effective outcomes. Adaptability, confidence and curiosity are all essential to the role.
You will have a sound understanding of best-practice recruitment processes, be ready to get involved in all areas of HR administration and be reliable, confident organised and pragmatic. You will have experience of working in Recruitment and HR administration and of working in an area where confidentiality is vital. An understanding of recruitment and onboarding is essential as is the ability to understand, and provide advice on our policies and procedures.
Ideally you will be working towards CIPD level 5 and will have a good understanding of Data Protection /GDPR with respect to personnel records.
- Recruitment administration and support, including representing HR as part of interview panels
- Administering training platforms, booking training, maintaining training records and collating feedback
- Organising annual appraisals and personal development planning
- Maintaining personnel records
- Carrying out all HR administration duties, ensuring a timely, effective and responsive administration service.
- Preparation of contract documentation for new staff and amendments for existing staff
- Providing support to managers who are undertaking employee relations and performance management issues
- Advising managers and team members on our policies and procedures
- Administration and analysis of staff surveys, feedback and other HR data
- Supporting HR projects and initiatives
At Kinneir Dufort (KD) we combine creative, technical and user experience expertise with agility. This enables our collaborative teams to rapidly define, create, develop and deliver world-changing products and experiences.
We think KD is a special company to work for. Our team are intelligent, hard-working, fun, non-egocentric, and collaborate brilliantly together to produce creative solutions. We work with some of the biggest, best and most interesting international clients that you’ll find anywhere. We’re a multi-disciplinary team, with experts in research, innovation, human factors, digital UX, 2D and 3D product & packaging design, engineering, prototyping, and electronics & software, all uniquely integrated within one great company.
Our team are collectively driven to “design a better world” by creating impactful change and positive outcomes for our clients and the people we are designing for. Designing a better world is something we strive for, both in the work we do, and the way we work. We believe strongly in equality and fairness and try hard to do the right thing; we speak up for and support groups who are working to make a difference. Our official KD partners are the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa and The Big Bang. Many of our team are also involved in, or run, events in their local communities, making a difference to those around them.
Founded in 1977 by Ross Kinneir and Francis Dufort, the KD team are based in an iconic building in the vibrant city of Bristol. The characterful Grade 2 listed stone building was originally built as a sugar refinery around 1850 and was later used to store theatre costumes. It’s now completely refitted, and houses all of our staff plus our workshops, labs, the design studio, an HF usability suite, and client meeting spaces. The local area, “Christmas Steps Arts Quarter”, is full of independent shops and makers. It’s a short walk up to Park Street, or over to the Harbourside and St Nick’s Markets, both of which have regular street food markets.
We offer flexible working policies in terms of both location and working hours. During normal circumstances, staff are typically expected to work a proportion of their week in the office and can work flexibly around specific ‘available hours’ in the working day. Please contact us if you are thinking of applying and would like more information about how our flexible working policy might work for you in this role.
Why work with us?
At KD we have strong values which underpin everything we do. As a business and as individuals we are Curious, Open, Adaptable, Expert, Human & Inclusive.
We expect a lot of our team, but in return we think we offer a lot too.
We understand that we are only as good as our people, and we know how important it is to support our team.
We offer our staff:
• 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service).
• A matched contributory pension scheme.
• Company-wide bonus plus additional bonus opportunities for the business development team
• Private health care for you and your family; free employee eye tests plus an employee assistance scheme.
• Training and development opportunities, and regular lunch and learn sessions.
• Flexible working approaches.
• Regular opportunities to have your say, tell us what you think and influence how we develop as a team and as a business.
• Secure in-building bike storage and shower, discounted First Bus monthly and annual passes. (Bristol has a good Park & Ride bus network.)
• The opportunity to become involved in our work with the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa, The Big Bang.
• A cafe that acts as the focal point for the whole team to get together for morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea. There is always daily fresh fruit and usually cake! There are plenty of opportunities to socialise outside of the office too, including activities like staff-organised runs, cycles, yoga sessions, as well as regular team socials.
If you like the sound of us and you meet the above criteria, then we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV, along with a covering letter/email, to [email protected], including reference to KDHR-MAY2021 in the subject line.
If you think you might be the right person for us but want an informal chat first then get in touch.
KD consciously embrace diversity and proactively encourage this with their recruitment process. They welcome applications to this position from anyone meeting the skills criteria, from any background.