About the role
At Kinneir Dufort (KD) our mission is simple – to Design a Better World. We work with a wide range of clients in a variety of sectors, including medical, consumer and industrial. We have a highly skilled and collaborative team that enables us to combine creativity, technical innovation and user experience to deliver world-changing products and services to our clients.
We’re serious about growing and we’re looking for the right person who wants to grow with us.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative Marketing Assistant to join the team, responsible for delivering compelling marketing communications, to help us tell and share our story effectively and align with KD’s business goals.
This varied and exciting role will help generate and champion KD marketing efforts, ensuring we build and raise the profile of our business, whilst delightfully surprising our clients, employees and industry experts alike.
The strength of our team relies on our combined cross-functional experience, and we pride ourselves on recruiting the very best team members who will fully embrace our collaborative ethos.
You will be a strong self starter, with a ‘can do’ positive attitude and someone who will make things happen; a real team player! You will be a self-directed learner who is quick to pick up new skills, as well as being comfortable working on their own and taking responsibility for meeting deadlines and targets. You will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, helping to generate clear, engaging and compelling copy and imagery, in order to create best in class content. You will be reliable, confident and level headed with the ability to react quickly.
Ideally, but not crucially, you will have at least two years of experience in delivering a similar role.
- Work closely with the wider KD team and Marketing Manager to create and execute client communications and digital content. This will include the monthly newsletter and digital content for the KD site, together with providing regular analytical reports on site and social activity.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to generate, create and schedule regular content for KD’s social media channels. The role will involve writing engaging copy and creating compelling imagery to deliver best in class content. A base level of graphic design experience is essential. Photography experience is desirable, not essential.
- Facilitate, organise and edit KD’s ‘KD Conversations’ podcast. Experience of Adobe Audition is preferable, but not essential.
- Work to build and foster our relationships with our partnerships and publications and manage our PR communication opportunities.
- Organise and draft submissions for award entries and create supporting assets as required.
- Assist with the organisation of KD internal events such as team social events and purpose driven team activities.
At Kinneir Dufort (KD) we combine creative, technical and user experience expertise with agility. This enables our collaborative teams to rapidly define, create, develop and deliver world-changing products and experiences.
We think KD is a special company to work for. Our team are intelligent, hard-working, fun, non-egocentric, and collaborate brilliantly together to produce creative solutions. We work with some of the biggest, best and most interesting international clients that you’ll find anywhere. We’re a multi-disciplinary team, with experts in research, innovation, human factors, digital UX, 2D and 3D product & packaging design, engineering, prototyping, and electronics & software, all uniquely integrated within one great company.
Our team are collectively driven to “design a better world” by creating impactful change and positive outcomes for our clients and the people we are designing for. Designing a better world is something we strive for, both in the work we do, and the way we work. We believe strongly in equality and fairness and try hard to do the right thing; we speak up for and support groups who are working to make a difference. Our official KD partners are the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa and The Big Bang. Many of our team are also involved in, or run, events in their local communities, making a difference to those around them.
Founded in 1977 by Ross Kinneir and Francis Dufort, the KD team are based in an iconic building in the vibrant city of Bristol. The characterful Grade 2 listed stone building was originally built as a sugar refinery around 1850 and was later used to store theatre costumes. It’s now completely refitted, and houses all of our staff plus our workshops, labs, the design studio, an HF usability suite, and client meeting spaces. The local area, “Christmas Steps Arts Quarter”, is full of independent shops and makers. It’s a short walk up to Park Street, or over to the Harbourside and St Nick’s Markets, both of which have regular street food markets.
We offer flexible working policies in terms of both location and working hours. During normal circumstances, staff are typically expected to work a proportion of their week in the office and can work flexibly around specific ‘available hours’ in the working day. Please contact us if you are thinking of applying and would like more information about how our flexible working policy might work for you in this role.
Why work with us?
At KD we have strong values which underpin everything we do. As a business and as individuals we are Curious, Open, Adaptable, Expert, Human & Inclusive.
We expect a lot of our team, but in return we think we offer a lot too.
We understand that we are only as good as our people, and we know how important it is to support our team.
We offer our staff:
• 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service).
• A matched contributory pension scheme.
• Company-wide bonus plus additional bonus opportunities for the business development team
• Private health care for you and your family; free employee eye tests plus an employee assistance scheme.
• Training and development opportunities, and regular lunch and learn sessions.
• Flexible working approaches.
• Regular opportunities to have your say, tell us what you think and influence how we develop as a team and as a business.
• Secure in-building bike storage and shower, discounted First Bus monthly and annual passes. (Bristol has a good Park & Ride bus network.)
• The opportunity to become involved in our work with the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa, The Big Bang.
• A cafe that acts as the focal point for the whole team to get together for morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea. There is always daily fresh fruit and usually cake! There are plenty of opportunities to socialise outside of the office too, including activities like staff-organised runs, cycles, yoga sessions, as well as regular team socials.
If you like the sound of us and you meet the above criteria, then we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV, along with a covering letter/email, to [email protected], including reference to KDMA-APR2021 in the subject line. The deadline for applications is Friday 7th May.
If you think you might be the right person for us but want an informal chat first then get in touch.
This is role that we anticipate being full time. However, we are open to considering part-time applications.
KD consciously embrace diversity and proactively encourage this with their recruitment process. They welcome applications to this position from anyone meeting the skills criteria, from any background.