Project Manager / Account Manager
About the role
At Kinneir Dufort (KD) our mission is simple – to Design a Better World. We work with a wide range of clients in a variety of sectors, including medical, consumer and industrial. We have a highly skilled and collaborative team that enables us to combine creativity, technical innovation and user experience to deliver world-changing products and services to our clients.
We’re looking to recruit a Project Manager / Account Manager, to join our experienced team.
The role will be focused on managing the delivery of multi-disciplinary product developments, working on everything from gathering user insights & concept generation through to detailed design and formal verification.
We’re serious about growing and we’re looking for the right person who wants to grow with us.
You will take a lead role in project planning and reporting, working with team members from our engineering, design, electronics, software, insight & innovation, digital, prototyping and human factors teams. You are organised and logical, you enjoy working at a fast pace to help the team deliver projects on time. You’re a natural multi-tasker and comfortable with priorities that rapidly change but you keep focus by doing the right things in the right order.
You may currently be working in a consultancy, in industry or at a start-up and you have a passion for product development & innovation. You’re process and people driven and get satisfaction from optimising ways of working to ensure the team you support is as productive as possible.
You will have experience in developing business and enjoy engaging with clients & customers, just as much as internally delivering projects.
At KD, collaboration is vital to how we work and you will need to be a team-player and enjoy a customer facing role, working with our clients to help them meet their goals.
Your skills and experience
• Consultancy experience, managing multi-disciplinary projects/device developments.
• A people person with experience implementing various project management approaches; including mentoring and directing other team members.
• Experience in working to standards e.g. ISO9001 & ISO13485.
• Strong client relationships; results-based ethos; continuous professional development.
• Strong commercial understanding from a company and client perspective.
• Experience planning and defining project scope, risks and deliverables.
• Experience developing and communicating accurate project timelines and actions with clear owners both internally to the project teams but also externally with Clients.
• Experience tailoring resources to suit project challenges.
• Evidence of maintaining and developing effective relationships with existing clients to enable project delivery and capture repeat business.
• Understanding of the product development process.
• Experience of successfully working as part of a team and openly exchanging information and supporting colleagues
• Evidence of a collaborative style and approach
• Evidence of a results-based ethos
• Evidence of continuous professional development
At Kinneir Dufort (KD) we combine creative, technical and user experience expertise with agility. This enables our collaborative teams to rapidly define, create, develop and deliver world-changing products and experiences.
We think KD is a special company to work for. Our team are intelligent, hard-working, fun, non-egocentric, and collaborate brilliantly together to produce creative solutions. We work with some of the biggest, best and most interesting international clients that you’ll find anywhere. We’re a multi-disciplinary team, with experts in research, innovation, human factors, digital UX, 2D and 3D product & packaging design, engineering, prototyping, and electronics & software, all uniquely integrated within one great company.
Our team are collectively driven to “design a better world” by creating impactful change and positive outcomes for our clients and the people we are designing for. Designing a better world is something we strive for, both in the work we do, and the way we work. We believe strongly in equality and fairness, and try hard to do the right thing; we speak up for and support groups who are working to make a difference. Our official KD partners are the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa, and The Big Bang. Many of our team are also involved in, or run events in, their local communities, making a difference to those around them.
Founded in 1977 by Ross Kinneir and Francis Dufort, the KD team are based in an iconic building in the vibrant city of Bristol. The characterful Grade 2 listed stone building was originally built as a sugar refinery around 1850 and was later used to store theatre costumes. It’s now completely refitted, and houses all of our staff plus our workshops, labs, the design studio, an HF usability suite, and client meeting spaces. The local area, “Christmas Steps Arts Quarter”, is full of independent shops and makers. It’s a short walk up to Park Street, or over to the Harbourside and St Nick’s Markets, both of which have regular street food markets.
We offer flexible working policies in terms of both location and working hours. During normal working circumstances, staff are typically expected to work a proportion of their working week in the office and can work flexibly around specific ‘available hours’ in the working day. Please contact us if you are thinking of applying and would like more information about how our flexible working policy might work for you in this role.
Why work with us?
At KD we have strong values which underpin everything we do. As a business and as individuals we are Curious, Open, Adaptable, Expert, Human & Inclusive.
We expect a lot of our team, but in return we think we offer a lot too.
We understand that we are only as good as our people, and we know how important it is to support our team.
We offer our staff:
• 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service).
• A matched contributory pension scheme.
• Company-wide bonus plus additional bonus opportunities for the business development team
• Private health care for you and your family; free employee eye tests plus an employee assistance scheme
• Training and development opportunities, and regular lunch and learn sessions.
• Flexible working approaches.
• Regular opportunities to have your say, tell us what you think and influence how we develop as a team and as a business.
• Secure in-building bike storage and shower, discounted First Bus monthly and annual passes. (Bristol has a good Park & Ride bus network.)
• The opportunity to become involved in our work with the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa, The Big Bang.
• A cafe that acts as the focal point for the whole team to get together for morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea. There is always daily fresh fruit and usually cake! There are plenty of opportunities to socialise outside of the office too, including activities
If you like the sound of us and you meet the above criteria, then we’d love to hear from you.
Send your CV, along with a covering letter/email, to [email protected], including reference to KDPMAM-MAY2021 in the subject line.
If you think you might be the right person for us but want an informal chat first, then get in touch.
KD consciously embrace diversity and proactively encourage this with their recruitment process. They welcome applications to this position from anyone meeting the skills criteria, from any background.